One billion people have a disability, making disabled people the largest minority in the world and the only one you can instantly become a part of. Yet, while most young people learn about different minorities, they don't learn about disability—its movement and culture.
2Gether-International.org does two things: (1) Teach young people about disability. (2) Unify them to take action on different disability issues.
You get things done, bring new energy and are passionate about disability and startups? Apply for our paid summer internship program.
What We're Looking For:
Would we want to be in a bunker with you? We're going to spend more time with you than with our family or friends. Do we like you? Are you passionate about disability and/or students?
Can you hit a home run in three weeks? We move fast. You've got to keep up. We want self-starters. We don't really care how much experience you have, but we do want someone who can hit the ground running and make stuff happen.
Are you going to be doing something amazing in 4 to 6 years? We want the best-in-class people. Maybe you'll be with us in four years, or maybe you'll be launching your own biodegradable sneaker line. That's cool. We ant people who are capable of the AMAZING.
Make mistakes! Otherwise you're fired. If you work with us for 2-3 months and don't make any mistakes you're fired. We are pushing the envelope and you don't know how far you can push unless you overcome the fear of failure. We try new things, if they fail we just move on!
- Able to travel to our Washington DC office.
- Committed to working part time from May 9 – July 18.
- Application open: March 10, 2016.
- Application deadline: April 15, 2016. Acceptances happen on a rolling basis so apply early!
Perks and Compensation:
- $1,000 stipend and/or school credit.
- Lunch is on us. (Twice a week).
- Work out of the global incubator 1776. Obama and Jeremy Stoppelman (the guy who founded Yelp) have visited us.
- Meditation Classes + Discount on membership to on-site gym.
Email us at internships@2Gether-International.org